BUYER PROCESS OVERVIEW
Where to begin:
- Talk to your financial institution or mortgage broker to determine how much you can realistically afford, how much you can put down, what your payments will be, etc. We can recommend brokers if want to explore options.
- Seriously consider what you want in your next home and what is important to you in the location and community you choose.
- What is important about the agent you choose to represent you? Local area knowledge, year’s of experience, competent and trustworthy, able to explain total cost of buying and the process if you are new to it as well as provide guidance so you can be confident in all of your decisions throughout the process.
- Spend some time researching homes, communities and agents on the internet.
- Set an appointment with your agent of choice to begin discussions on exactly what you are looking for and have an in-depth discussion on location, timing and aligned expectations. Sign exclusive buyer representation agreement if you are comfortable.
- Your agent will begin sending you email notifications of new properties coming on the market that match your criteria.
- Begin by viewing the properties you are interested in.
Advancing to Contract:
- Your agent will provide guidance on what to offer and terms based on comparible recent sales and present to the offer to the seller’s agent.
- Negotiations begin.
- Offer accepted and agent will provide guidance on paperwork.
- Offer conditions managed and complete
- Property sale closes and keys are handed over to you.
- Celebrate and get ready to move into your new home.
- Home walkthrough with agent on closing day to ensure property is in condition expected.
- We pride ourselves with continuing on as your real estate consultant. Contact any time.
- Refer us to family and friends
How We Help Buyers
- If desired, we can set you up to receive emails on properties that match your criteria so you can get a feel for the market, type of home and location you want.
- Provide in-depth knowledge on the areas you are searching
- Provide professional guidance on home values and the cost of home ownership.
- Help you find best value for your money
- Show properties that meet your individual needs and listen closely to you during showings
- Provide education and support on the entire process so you know what you can expect
- Communicate with you regularly throughout the process
- Transparency – open, honest communication – no sugar-coating
- Recommend Mortgage Brokers, Real Estate Lawyers and Property Inspectors
- Provide guidance on best offer price and terms
- Negotiate the offer on your behalf
- Guide you through necessary paperwork
- Attend inspections
- Participate in final walk through to ensure your new home is in the condition expected
- Continued relationship
Our role is to act as your consultant and negotiate on your behalf during the home buying process. We are able to show and advise you on any properties regardless of which realtor or company has them listed.
Our ultimate goal is to assist you in finding the right home, at the right price, in the right location and for the right terms and to continue to be your real estate consultant afterwards. We understand there are two components to a satisfied client. First is making the process as easy and stress free as possible and second is your continued happiness with your purchase for years to come.